"Finishing STRONG and continuing great habits!"
It's the last week! You have made it so far and we've thrown a LOT of work at you. GREAT job, parent! You are amazing! And the way the bootcamp is structured for you to work with your child at your own pace, according to where he/she is on her path of learning to read, so for many of you, you have been working for waaaay more than five weeks!
Are your expectations realistic for your child? Remember, this Bootcamp was more about US as parents laying that great foundation at home to create great readers. So, now that you have laid that foundation, (and you'll need to keep going!), through time and patience, just watch your child's reading bloom!
Let's finish strong for this last week. It's all about making these habits SOLID and to keep. on. swimming!
Your Steps For The Week:
1. Reading aloud for at least 10 minutes a day to your child according to your Parent's Daily Planner
2. Having your child read aloud for at least 10 minutes each day, and charting it on his/her Reading Rewards incentive chart (& giving the incentive when earned!)
3. Reading labels & signs, etc. together when you are out and about life.
4. Visit library again.
5. Head over to the Facebook Group and begin to encourage others!
Follow up on Weekly / Monthly Incentives with Reading Rewards
New To Do's:
1. Don't stop! Keep these habits strong. Figure out what your weak areas are in working with your child, and really FOCUS on strengthening your parenting plan this week.
2. Keep connecting and encouraging in the Facebook group.
3. Bring some friends to the library this week! Keep making this trip to the library regular, whether it's weekly, or biweekly, whatever fits. Always be on the lookout for special activities that the library puts on that your child could be a part of. Look on your local library's website and there will probably be all kinds of programs available.
4. Always also be on the lookout for reading incentive programs in your community and take advantage of them. Check out this article >> I wrote about reading program ideas for this summer. You may also need to think more locally!
5. Let me know how it's going! I'd love to hear feedback from you, whether it's how we can improve this Bootcamp, or if it has helped your child's reading. I'm so glad you have been a part of it!
Freebies of the week:
1. Check out this page where I have listed all the weeks of the bootcamp so that you can get them anytime you need them, plus links to each week in case you need to review. Any updates made or freebies added will be available to you here!
Thank you for participating in the
Beginning Readers Bootcamp!
Keep in touch and let us know how it went for you.
I am rooting for you and your reader!